The Maine Way, Inc. provides transitional housing to those needing sanctuary while preparing for permanent housing. As a guest, I understand that it is a privilege to live here and I agree to abide by the following rules:
- Rent is due MONTHLY. Check or money order is to be made payable to: The Maine Way, Inc. Non-payment or late payments may result in immediate termination of housing.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter The Maine Way, Inc. residence without an escort.
- Visitors are allowed in the common areas ONLY and NOT allowed on the second floor or in any of the private rooms.
- NO excessive noise or disruptive behavior is permitted on the premises.
- Music must be turned off by 10:00pm.
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted anywhere on the premises. A violation may result in immediate termination of housing and possible police notification.
- No cigarette smoking is allowed in the residence.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed on the premises.
- Residents may not have animals/pets.
- Residents are expected to maintain their personal hygiene.
- Residents are expected to be up (out of their beds and rooms) at a reasonable hour.
- Residents must keep their rooms clean and orderly.
- Upon completion of the program, residents will be assessed for damages to their room, to the window blinds/shades/screens, and to the room’s furniture beyond ordinary wear.
- The House Manager or designee will inspect residents rooms on a weekly basis.
- Residents must sleep in their assigned rooms and not in any other part of the residence.
- Residents must keep all personal belongings in their room and not in common areas. Lost or stolen belongings are the residents’ responsibility and not the responsibility of The Maine Way, Inc.
- Meals are to be consumed in the dining room ONLY. Dry snacks are permitted in the living room. Water ONLY is allowed in the living room and in residents’ rooms.
- All food, dishes, and pots/pans are to be put away. Residents are expected to clean up after all food preparation.
- Residents are expected to clean up after using the bathroom.
- Residents are expected to complete their assigned chores on a daily and weekly basis.
- All hallways are expected to be clear and empty.
- Residents are expected to share the television and must not monopolize the televisions.
- Residents are expected to stay overnight at The Maine Way, Inc. Residents are permitted to be absent from the residence no more than three (3) nights per month. All residents must contact the house manager before 9 p.m. when you expect to be out overnight.
- Residents can address concerns and questions to the House Manager. Residents should be respectful of the House Manager’s time. NO phone calls or text’s before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm.
- The Maine Way, Inc. holds weekly Residents’ Meetings on MONDAY at 5:30 pm. Attendance is MANDATORY, unless excused by the House Manager.
Resident Signature Date
The Maine Way, Inc. Representative Signature Date